What are cookies, pixels, and local storage?
Cookies (also known as HTTP cookies, web cookies or browser cookies) are simply small pieces of data, which are stored as text files on your computer, whenever you visit certain websites. Their typical purpose is to help sites remember particular actions you may have done there in the past. For example, cookies may track when you have logged into a site, visited certain pages or clicked certain buttons.
A pixel is a small amount of code on a web page or in an email notification. As many services do, we use pixels to learn whether you’ve interacted with certain web or email content. This helps us measure and improve our services and personalize your experience on Yyeno.
Local storage is an industry-standard technology that allows a website or application to store information locally on your computer or mobile device. We use local storage to customize what we show you based on your past interactions with Yyeno.
- To log you into Yyeno.
- Remember your user preferences, searches and favourites.
- Track your usage of a site, via Google Analytics.
- Track the success of our marketing campaigns.
- To help us improve and understand how people use our services.
- To customize our services with more relevant content.
- To help us deliver ads, measure their performance, and make them more relevant to you based on criteria like your activity on Yyeno and visits to our ad partners' websites
- Target more relevant advertisements to you;
- Enable social media sharing including the use of Facebook, Twitter and YouTube;
- Ensure better service delivery.
Are cookies harmful?
Despite this, if you do wish to disable or remove cookies, please see the "Help" section of your browser or mobile device. Each browser or device handles the management of cookies differently, so you will need to refer to your appropriate "Help" documentation. However, as mentioned, please be aware that cookies are essential for certain features of Yyeno to work properly.
How to turn off cookies
If you’d like to turn off cookies for this website, please visit the correct link from the options below based on the internet browser you’re using.
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en
- FireFox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1677
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/
Why are we telling you this?